The DC power supply is maintains the output voltage with respect of an alternating current (AC) mains voltage variations of load variations is called “Regulated Power Supply”.
The regulated power supply consist of an ordinary power and voltage regulating deices like 78xx (Also called positive regulator) and 79xx ( is called negative regulator). FIXED POSITIVE VOLTAGE REGULATOR:
This type of series of three terminal type. Here iam using the IC regulator provides a fixed positive output voltage.
1. 7800 series is the Positive voltage regulator.
2. 7900 series is the negative voltage regulator.
3. Range is available from +%V to +24V either positive or negative. FEATURES OF THE IC REGULATED POWER SUPPLY.
1. Output current up to 1.5A.
2. Output Voltage for +5V to +24.
3. Thermal overload protection.
4. Short circuit Protection.
Here my circuit is given below and the advantage of this circuit diagram is need not any separate function generator to your digital ic experiment when you doing in your lab.
Because in include with my regulated power output like +12V,-12V,+5V with 10 Hz to 5khz clock pulse generator with help of NE555 IC circuit. POWER SUPPLY CIRCUIT DIAGRAM:
Also you can use this regulated power supply to test any operational amplifier circuits. when we got test op-amp we need negative voltage power.
My circuit was test with proteus software and simulated by me. My regulated power supply is very usefull to test any digital counter circuits with help of clock varying by potentio-meter. MY POWER SUPPLY PCB.
This PCB created by me with the help of proteus software. PROTO-TYPE PCB.