Install and activate Amazon Prime video app in android TV
Nowadays, OTT (Overt The Top) platforms attracting customers in terms of their service almost every age group. OTT media streaming platforms basically mean delivering the content via the internet only. Basically, no means of cables or satellite connections involved in media transfer from its server only internet and its various layers of microprocessing in the backend gives more flawless streaming. Platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Hotstar are famous networks among Indian users.
These, OTT networks produce and stream their own movies or series in their networks like Game of Thrones (Star) or Money Heist (3&4 by Netflix) or buy the movies and series from the producers and release them in their networks to attract the customer base. Since this century is an internet-based, OTT platform business models ruling the market shares. With the launching of Prime membership as their flagship model, Amazon trying to attract customers via Music, Videos, and books also.
Amazon Prime launched in 2006 as Amazon Unbox and now standing in the top second-most position in the OTT platform market. Amazon offering its prime customers (Rs.999/ year) with free delivery, Video, movies (via Prime Video), and music.
Android TV replacing the old smart less and big fat CRT monitor TV’s. Every gadget is transforming into a smarter version with the help of developed OS like Android or iOS etc. Now we can install Skype or messenger with TV for video calling and even games can be playable on bigger screens. Since some of the Android TV, there will be no support from Play Store for installing Prime Video. So let’s the easiest way to do so.
To install Amazon Prime Video application, we have to use any third party App installers. I am Using Redmi TV 4a in my living room, recently activate free amazon prime came with Airtel Unlimited data plan. Let’s see how to install Amazon Prime on your TV.
Follow the steps,
- Download the APK from any one of the links.
- Copy it your Pendrive or any storage devices and plug it in your android TV.
- Open file manager or any custom installed apps like ES explorer. Search for the apk and install it.
- Either download files from the above links are downloaded from the internet so you have to enable “install from unknown source” you can find this option in settings >> Security. You can disable it after installing the file.
- If you download the apk from the Aptoide site, initially it will the Aptoide app market.
- Then it will ask to download the Amazon Prime App. Click to download the app and install it. Then go to uninstall apps, uninstall Aptoide from the list.
- That’s it! you have installed. Enjoy streaming in any device.
After installing the app, open the app from the TV launcher window. Let’s see how to activate it.
- Open the amazon prime TV app
- Initially, it will ask you to sign in and activate your device.
- So, click on Sign In with Amazon account, then it will display the device code to register with your prime account.
- Go to primevideo.com/mytv in your mobile or desktop
- Sign In with your Amazon Prime account
- It will ask to you type the code to register your device to enable services for the device.
- Type the code and click register button.
- Then, in the TV show, it will show your device is registered.
- You can manage your Android TV in account & Setting >> Your Devices section. You can de-register at any time you need.
I hope you enjoyed the article. Share your thoughts with the comment section below. Sharing is knowledge!! Let me know if any issues faced by you.