Raspberry Pi Pico is a low-cost, versatile microcontroller development board from the Raspberry pi foundation. It is constructed around the RP2040 chip, which was designed in-house by the Raspberry Pi Foundation.
Types of Raspberry Pi Pico board:
Raspberry Pi Pico H,
Raspberry Pi Pico W
Raspberry Pi Pico WH.
The main highlighted thing about RPI PICO it is the Lowest cost and Smallest size development board from Raspberry pi Foundation ever. On the technical side, it is equipped with RP2040 Microcontroller chip developed by Raspberry Pi Foundation itself.
RP400 is their first dual-core ARM Cortex M0+ processor-based latest small-sized, budget-friendly microcontroller.
The RP2040 is supported with both c / c ++ and micro-python, meaning that if you’re a beginner and want to learn any of these languages, the Raspberry Pico would be the best product-option to start with.
Features of Raspberry Pi Pico:
1. RP2040 microcontroller chip designed by Raspberry Pi in the United Kingdom.
2. Dual-core Arm Cortex M0+ processor, the flexible clock running up to 133 MHz.
3. 264KB of SRAM, and 2MB of onboard Flash memory.
4. The castellated module allows soldering directly to carrier boards.
5. USB 1.1 with device and host support.
6. Low-power sleep and dormant modes.
7. Drag-and-drop programming using mass storage over USB.
8. 26 multi-function GPIO pins.
9. 2 SPI, 2 I2C, 2 UART, 3 12-bit ADC, 16 controllable PWM channels.
10. clock and timer on-chip.
11. Temperature sensor.
12. Accelerated floating-point libraries on-chip.
13. 8 Programmable I/O (PIO) state machines for custom peripheral support.
Raspberry Pi Pico Board Specifications:
1. Form factor: 21 mm × 51 mm
2. CPU: Dual-core Arm Cortex-M0+ @ 133MHz
3. Memory: 264KB on-chip SRAM; 2MB onboard QSPI Flash
4. Interfacing: 26 GPIO pins, including 3 analogue inputs
A. 2 × UART
B. 2 × SPI controllers
C. 2 × I2C controllers
D. 16 × PWM channels
E. 1 × USB 1.1 controller and PHY, with host.