EXPERIMENT:2. Design and create single sided PCB Layout for Bridge rectifier. AIM: To design the single sided PCB layout for Bridge rectifier circuit with MULTISIM. APPARATUS REQUIRED:
1. PC loaded with MULTISIM software.
2. Laser printer. Simulation Circuit:
PCB Layout Circuit:
• Open MULTISIM Software, Click=> File => New => Design.
• Click File => save as in Desk Top and rename the Design1 to your circuit name then save.
• Go to Component TOOL BAR and select PLACE BASIC the components like Bridge diode capacitor, regulator resistor, LED, click POWER Icon select voltage regulator and connect as per given circuit diagram and save it.
• Test the circuit with simulation RUN button.
• Remove transformer, Power source and output multi-meter with replacement of connector from PLACE CONNECTOR icon.
• Change Properties of the all component into PCB Mode.
• Set the Track width = 30 mils, trace to trace and trace to pad = 10 mils,
• Go to Transfer icon => Transfer to Ultiboard 12.0 then save the file and got Import netlist and click ok.
• Go to OPTIONS icon Select PCB Properties icon and select copper layers Click properties untick routing click ok for single side PCB.
• Select all components into Board Outline and make small pcb size with the help of board Outline.
• Click Auto route icon then click auto router to make PCB Layout.
• Finally print the PCB Layout with help of printer. RESULT: Thus the design of a single sided PCB Layout for Bridge rectifier circuit with MULTISIM software CAD tool was done. VIDEO: